Instructions – IMPORTANT – READ ME!!!!!!!!!!
- Please use our templates!!!!!
- Name your files with Artist Name, Project Title and part ID (Example: “Beatles – Abbey Road – Traycard.pdf”)
- PROOF your files carefully before sending.
- SPECS: CMYK (or greyscale), PDF, bleed, crop marks, 300 dpi, embed fonts. DO NOT INCLUDE ANY SLUG (the white space past the bleed). Your file should end at the edge of the bleed.
If this doesn’t make sense to you, then please consider having Diana do your artwork.
- DO NOT INCLUDE the template guidelines in your final PDF. TURN OFF TEMPLATE LAYER BEFORE SAVING.
- UPLOAD your files (do not email unless requested) – call/email for password.
- If you cannot provide print-ready PDF files, we can take PSD, INDD, AI, JPG, TIF. But there may be processing charges to convert. If you use WORD there will be a fee per file to crop and fit to our template (warning: fonts don’t come along with word files).
- Call Diana at 504-312-2354 for graphic design or finishing services. Click here for Design Pricing.
Last Resort Free Online Designer: If you cannot use our templates, and do not have Photoshop, Illustrator, or Indesign, you can try this free online designer from Avery for some of the templates. It doesn’t have a lot of features, but in a pinch you can put together a quick cd label or cover. There will be a “finishing” fee per file to crop and fit to our templates. Click here for instructions.
All template files are saved as Photoshop PDFs.
You can open/import into photoshop, illustrator, indesign, or most other editing programs.
Be sure to turn off template before saving print PDF.
Use for CD or DVD
Page size MUST be 4.72″ square (1417 pixels) with image centered and bleed.
FILE FORMATS: CMYK (PDF) or greyscale (JPG).
Remove all marks and guides not printing except for center mark
Outside Diameter: 116 mm. Inside printable diameter: 24 mm.
Remember to Bleed (extend) image past edge of disc and into the center
Your disc image should be square and without the circular or hub masks. Our system masks the cd and hub when it prints.
CD inserts, Sleeves and DVD covers
File formats we can accept: PDF (PREFERRED), JPG, PSD, TIF, EPS
DO NOT INCLUDE ANY SLUG (the white space past the bleed). Your file should end at the edge of the bleed.
traycard A1001_inside (for when you have a clear tray)
Sleeves, wallets and digipaks use a larger bleed
Check out Crescent Music Services for other templates, logos, information about design, stock photography, packaging, and manufacturing